Tuesday, July 04, 2006




Made the trip from Virginia to Graz, Austria today. The flight wasn't too bad. Just long. They say that if you sleep through the entire flight and then stay awake the entire day after arriving, that your body will adjust quickly to the time change. I'm hoping that is the case. I am exhausted... I managed to sleep ok on the flight over, and to stay awake for the day. It has been a challenge, but hopefully will work like they said.

Here's pics of the airport and the land around the airport. Very much like farm land. The drive from the airport to the Heim (dormatory) was much like driving through neighborhoods in the states. Small, two lane roads that wind and turn. There are not many highways out here. I've also included pics of my room and the Heim. My room is about the size of my bathroom at home.... not QUITE that small, but close to it. It's nice and cozy.

The weather is perfect here. Breezy, not too humid, and not dry. You can leave the window open all day and it feels nice and cool.

I have rehearsal for my hearing tomorrow. The hearing is on Thursday. What is a hearing you ask? Each singer and pianist has to perform for the faculty in order for them to make assignments for each concert. Once they have heard everyone sing, they will post an assignment schedule with all the songs that will be sung/played and by who. I look forward to singing for them, and hope that it will go well despite my jet lag. I plan to sing the Sophie part of the Der Rosenkavalier duet, and a part, or all of "Regnava" from Lucia de Lamermoor. Wish me luck!

As promised, I would let you know what my room number is in case you'd like to send mail. I am in room #57.

Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: