Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hello! It's been a busy week and I haven't had much time to update my blog. So here are some pics and the latest about what's happening.

Class got off with a bang, and I've been running like crazy trying to get used to the schedule and making the needed adjustments to my singing. I have a wonderful teacher who is adding so much to my voice. The challenge is implementing all of the concepts and new techniques in such a short period of time.

Having said that, I am auditioning next week - on Tuesday and Thursday, for the opera manager from a small, yet very distinguished opera house in Germany - Herr Drechsell. They like to hire young singers and help to mold them and get their careers off to a start. The other audition is for an agent from France. Say a prayer for me that they go well.

We took a break from our studies yesterday (Saturday) to celebrate the opening of AIMS. Pics from the earlier entry are of the program in the morning. The pics below are from the reception last night. Graz is full of very kind people who so graciously host the American Inst. of Musical Studies program each year, as they have for the last 40 + years. Each year AIMS comes back, and each year Graz asks them to return. It is a very big deal here. I feel very spoiled to be a part of such a wonderful, cultural and education event!


This photo is of me and Jim Rousch. He is on the Board of Directors for the San Diego Opera. He is here as a singer and has a marvelous Bass voice!!! He sounds very young vocally for his age, which I won't disclose to you. He is a very kind man and someone who loves music. He also has a degree in law and was a commander on a submarine in the Navy.



This lovely gentleman is Tom King, Artistic Director of AIMS, And choir director for the festivities. He makes all of the decisions as to who gets to sing and when. He is the backbone for AIMS.


Eggenberg Palace - this is what it looked like when we arrived. We got all dressed up to the nines and went there to eat and socialize. It was very fun. My feet were killing me though... 4 hours in heels... NOT fun!

Here is the ballroom that we sang and ate in... VERY beautiful murals, etc.

Peacocks were there in abundance... this one thought he would show off a little!




This is Eggenberg Palace at night... The secretary to the Governer welcomed us and thanked us for coming to Graz to share our talents and music with them.



Here I am with my friends (from left to right), Stanley from DC, Lisa from Melbourne, Australia, myself, and Dominick from Las Vegas, NV. We are standing at the entrance to the Eggenberg Palace.

Stanley teaches at Duke Ellington School of music in DC, is a bass-baritone and has 2 kids and 1 wife, Lisa is the scholarship winner from Australia and has one son and one husband. Dominick is here for his 2nd year at AIMS. He is a senior attending the Univ. of Las Vegas. He has a magnificent tenor voice, no kids and no wife.

No comments: